Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Revision of telnet-brute

From: nnposter () users sourceforge net
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:32:30 +0000

jesper.kuckelhahn at gmail.com wrote:
Nice. The patch fixes the error I was seeing, now giving the following
output:

----------------------
PORT STATE SERVICE REASON VERSION
2323/tcp open telnet syn-ack Netgear broadband router or ZyXel VoIP
adapter telnetd
| telnet-brute:
|_ ERROR: Password-only authentication
Final times for host: srtt: 6776 rttvar: 4774 to: 100000

This is the expected output for password-only authentication, since this
isn't supported by the script. Maybe this could be added to the
description ?

I was contemplating to implement password-only support but I did not
want to tackle it now, due to the size of this rewrite and possibly
limited interest in the telnet protocol in general.

I did update the description as you suggested.

Cheers,
nnposter