Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: <netdb.h> in nsock/src/

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:14:13 +0200

Hello,

2013/5/1 Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>:
It looks good. But there are more problems in the nsock/src/*proxy*.c
files regarding support for my "old" MSVC.
Ok, I've applied it as of r30821. Let's fix things step by step.

I use ver. 16.00 from VC-Express
2010 which should still be good enough for nmap-development. In
proxy_socks4.c + proxy_http.c you use GCC features like:

/* ---- PROXY DEFINITION ---- */
static const struct proxy_op ProxyOpsHttp = {
 .node_new    = proxy_http_node_new,
 .node_delete = proxy_http_node_delete,
 .handler     = proxy_http_handler,
};

This is no good for MSVC. I'll address the other MSVC problems later.
Waw, that terribly sucks! C99 designated initializers are neither new
nor GNU-specific... I didn't find anything on the web about proper C99
support by MSVC. Do you confirm? If so I'll change that to use
traditional initialization, which I find less readable.

Concerning strtok_r, would it be ok to simply #define strtok_r
strtok_s?

Why not add a macro for this to nbase.h? As we do for strcasecmp() etc?
But using 'strtok_s' would exclude MingW users. This is a pity IMHO.
I suggest adding the attached patch for 'strtok_r' to nbase_str.c. (ripped
from libcurl). So you should add a configure test for 'HAVE_STRTOK_R'.
I have little knowledge of autotools.

Yes, nbase is probably the place where to put this. Though I don't get
what's the problem with MingW users? How does compilation work for
them? Which symbols do they have access to? I'm a bit reluctant to add
a function that's already available everywhere (under different
names).

Thanks for your help.

Regards

--