Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Project Idea Regarding GSOC'13

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:56:20 -0700

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 08:03:46PM +0530, Appu Murthy wrote:
Dear sir,
                I have one project idea for google summer of code 13,

Idea - LAN Search for Linux

it will be used as network file Search tool, allowing users to look
for documents, photos, music or pictures on any computer in the
network.
there are no such powerful tools available in linux for above
mentioned task. (smb4k is there but, it not work properly)

A Simple GUI Interface,easy to use.

In your proposal you should explain how this tool will be implemented
and integrated with Nmap. We have some scripts for remote listing of
file names, for example nfs-ls and smb-ls, that you could use.

http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/nfs-ls.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/smb-ls.html

We probably will not accept a proposal for a new standalone tool. It has
to work within the existing Nmap infrastructure and make sense as part
of Nmap.

David Fifield