Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: never terminating scripts

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:18:08 +0200

Hello,

2012/10/2 van Hauser <vh () thc org>:
Hi!

I am trying the SVN version and the problem is still there.
-dd -vv --script-trace do not show me the still running scripts.
--interactive was removed from nmap some time ago as it seems.

oh sorry, I poorly phrased it. By interactive I meant running in a
console, with stdin being a tty. Then when it looks like some scripts
are running forever, press a key and with debug>=2 you should see
tracebacks of the running scripts.

From the never ending output I can see its some module that has trouble
with an SSL port:
[...]
Ok, I'm afraid you stumbled upon our never-dying bug. But at least
this finally shows for sure that the fix we pushed was not complete.
Is this something you can simply and reliably reproduce against a
given machine? If so, does using --nsock-engine=epoll or
--nsock-engine=select make any difference? (I'm assuming you run nmap
on a linux box).

Regards.

--
Henri