Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Test library

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 09:12:47 -0500

Thanks for the feedback Henri.
I will continue work on this when time permits.

Regards.
Patrik

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>wrote:

2012/12/18 Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>:
All,

I've started some work on a Nmap testlib some time ago.
It does work and does some of what I hoped to achieve at the moment,
however, it's far from complete.
I thought I throw it out here to see the response and to determine
whether
it's worth to continue working on.

Hello Patrik,

as you're asking: I find this extremely interesting, great work!

In general, I agree that we need a way to test NSE more thoroughly.
Writing unit tests as NSE scripts would be an option but is limited.
Combined to an infrastructure such as your testlib, it could be
extremely powerful and flexible!

Regards

--
Henri