Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LUA "Invalid Escape Sequence" error with NMAP 6.25

From: Aaron Giuoco <afxdub () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:47:46 -0600

Hi Patrick,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>wrote:

This error is caused by what you pass to --script, not your
http-screenshot-html.nse script. I assume you did something like (and
sanitized the output you pasted?):

--script "C:\Users\aaron\http-screenshot-html.nse"

The problem is the Lua 5.2 interpreter does not allow strings to
contain unknown escape sequences, in this case '\U'. I don't think you
(the user) should need to escape these backslashes so I consider this
a bug. I have committed a fix in r30411. Please confirm if this
corrects the issue for you.

--
- Patrick Donnelly

I changed the backslashes to forward slashes in "--script" path and it
worked in Win7.  Thanks for the help!

AG