Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LUA "Invalid Escape Sequence" error with NMAP 6.25

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:59:32 +0100

2012/12/15 Aaron Giuoco <afxdub () gmail com>:
Henri,

Thanks for taking a look.  I made the changes you suggested (require
"stdnse", declare 'ret', declare *action functions) and I still get the same
result.  I don't think the file is corrupted because it works with 6.01.
The error makes me think that I'm not properly escaping a character
somewhere.

I am running this on Win7 if that makes a difference.  I probably need to
try it in Linux to make sure I'm getting the same error and it's not some
weird OS specific problem.

AG

I tried on Linux (only). Another thing, if I may, I would suggest you
to be more strict in checking and reporting error cases in your
script. I'm afraid I can't see what could trigger the problem you
describe though... Maybe someone else can.

--
Henri