Nmap Development mailing list archives

6.25 Windows Installer On Win8 64bit Has Premature Reboot

From: Jonathan Lorenz <noc007 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 11:25:06 -0500

OS: Windows 8 x64 RTM (fresh install, no upgrade)Version: nmap 6.25 Windows installerPriority: Low
is initiated and will not complete the install. I have not attempted to see what happens if WinPcap is already
installed. Luckily I had several apps that needed input and prevented the reboot so the install could continue. Perhaps
it would be worth noting on the web page of this; easy workaround would be to have an app like notepad open with
something that would prompt one to save or discard their work.