Nmap Development mailing list archives

OS integration highlights

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 22:24:39 -0800

Here are some interesting new OS fingerprints from the latest round of
integration.

Fingerprint Data General DG/UX 4.11MU06
Class Data General | DG/UX | 4.X | general purpose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DG/UX
It's not every day that a submission comes with the note "I know this OS
since I wrote the TCP/IP stack for it." I wrote the submitter to get
more information. He has a short page about the TCP/IP stack of this
operating system: http://www.update.uu.se/~bqt/rsx.html.

Fingerprint Linux 3.3
Class Linux | Linux | 3.X | general purpose
Linux 3.3 appears not to respond to the T3 probe, whereas earlier
versions do. The behavior appears to have been backported to some
earlier versions, so 3.3 is not always the exact dividing line, but we
have a nice new division in Linux classification.

Fingerprint Minix 2.0.4
Class Minix | Minix | 2.X | general purpose
http://www.magic-1.org/ "Magic-1 is running a new port of Minix 2.0.4"
This is a homemade wire-wrap computer running a custom port of Minix.

Fingerprint 2N Helios IP VoIP doorbell
Class 2N | embedded || specialized
http://www.homeauto.com/Products/HAIConnectivityPartners/2N.asp
To my knowledge, this is the first doorbell in the OS database.

David Fifield