Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nsock new engines

From: Rob Nicholls <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:47:12 +0100

On 25.10.2012 20:02, Henri Doreau wrote:
Does anyone know a way to do it? I unfortunately don't, and couldn't
find anything that would work for both stdin options (tty, pipes,
files) and sockets. Since only ncat should be affected there, maybe
the patch attached (untested) would be an acceptable fix? It enforces
the use of the select engine on windows when stdin is a tty. Could you please give it a try? (also with piping something, like echo, to ncat,
and redirecting a regular file to ncat' stdin).

I applied the patch and tried the following:

C:\nmap\mswin32\nmap-6.02>type testinput.txt
testvalue
C:\nmap\mswin32\nmap-6.02>ncat localhost 8080 < testinput.txt
^C
C:\nmap\mswin32\nmap-6.02>
C:\nmap\mswin32\nmap-6.02>type testinput.txt | ncat localhost 8080
^C
C:\nmap\mswin32\nmap-6.02>
C:\nmap\mswin32\nmap-6.02>ncat localhost 8080
test
^C

The only thing that showed up in the Ncat listener was the word "test". Attempts to pipe or redirect content failed.

Rob