Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nsock new engines

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:35:22 +0100

I've added a couple ifdef WIN32 that seem to do the job.

Does r30107 work for you?

I just tried out Ncat (r30112) and it doesn't appear to work on Windows (it
connects with a SYN, SYN-ACK, ACK sequence, but then Ncat doesn't show or
send anything I type, and when I kill Ncat it sends a RST). I quickly tested
the latest revision on Linux and it seems fine there. A slightly earlier
build (r30065) of Ncat work fine on Windows. Is it the new nsock engine at
fault, as almost all of the commits between the builds appear to be nsock
engine related? I can't see a way to force the nsock engine for Ncat as a
workaround.

Rob