Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Zenmap - problem or bug

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:22:51 -0700

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 03:17:16PM +0000, Nuno Correia wrote:
First off all thank you for this awesome tool, I've using it for a while for work purposes.

But since version 6.0 I cannot use zenmap properly.

Doesn't matter which profile I use, I always get  "(0 hosts up)" message on the result. And the hosts are online,
ping using cmd works.
Tried reinstalling and now I'm on version 6.0.1 and the problem remains.

I'm no expert but it feels like NMAP doesn't know which interface to
use. But a simple ping profile for 127.0.0.1 works.
If it helps, Windows 7 Ent x64, Toshiba Laptop with an Intel 82579V NIC.

Read  the guides on the website and explored Zenmap expecting to find
an option  or configuration related with the problem, like choosing
which interface to use, but no success no far

The problem may be related to the routing changes that we are currently
looking at. People are getting different routing behavior in 6.0 than
they were in 5.51.

You may be able to manually choose an address with the -e option. For
example
        nmap -e eth0
Use "nmap --iflist" to see a list of interfaces.

David Fifield