Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: dutifully reporting nmap crash reports

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:20:20 -0700

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:56:40PM +0000, Scott Oviatt wrote:
Running Windows 7 x64
Scanning an XP Pro laptop.
I was continually crashing using 5.51 so I updated to 6.01. The scan
finally finished without error but crashed when I tried to save. The
two machines are on the same LAN. I scanned a PC at a remote site and
saved without issue plus a handful of others. It just seems that every
time I scan this one laptop, I go TU.

I'm pretty new to nmap and probably not on the mailing list (yet) but
I'll join up and watch. This is no emergency, just a strange anomaly.
I have not had any other issues with any other machine.

Version: 6.01

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\MainWindow.pyo", line 636, in _save_scan_results_cb
  File "zenmapGUI\MainWindow.pyo", line 700, in _save
  File "zenmapCore\NetworkInventory.pyo", line 309, in save_to_file
  File "zenmapCore\NmapParser.pyo", line 1013, in write_text
MemoryError

Can you share the command that you are using to scan? It may be that the
Nmap text output is too large to handle.

David Fifield