Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Unable to register IOD #1: Function not implemented

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 16:02:51 +0200

2012/8/10 Dave Wilder <D.Wilder () f5 com>:
Hello,

 I am new to NMAP and have installed NMAP version 6.01.

 When  I attempt to use either nmap or nping, I get an error message similar to below.

 I did a search on this but  did not find anything that was directly related.  What ami I doing wrong?  What should I
be looking at to debug this?

dwilder@VM-QACOMPUTE-018:~/BIGIP/NMAP$ sudo nmap -sS -P0 -p0-65535 10.59.160.16

Starting Nmap 6.01 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-08-02 10:40 EDT

Unable to register IOD #1: Function not implemented

QUITTING!

dwilder@VM-QACOMPUTE-018:~/BIGIP/NMAP$

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

thanks for reporting this and sorry for the delay.

It seems to me that your libc exports the functions of the epoll(7)
subsystem, but that your kernel doesn't.

Which versions of libc and kernel are you using? ("ldd --version" and
"uname -a")

The nsock configure check might be not accurate enough. I've found [1]
after a brief research but it seems to be a GNU autoconf archive
command. Is that a problem? Otherwise does someone know how to make
the check in an appropriate way?

Regards

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_have_epoll.html

--