Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] smb-vuln-ms10-061

From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:53:19 +0200

On 7/26/2012 10:33 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic wrote:
Hi all,

I've written a vuln check script that checks for ms10-061 aka Print
Spooler Service Impersonation
vulnerability, aka one of the Stuxnet vulns...

It's really a neat vuln. Basically it allows you to write any data into
a file on the remote system
even traversing directories. Folks from metasploit wrote an exploit that
abuses this to write a PE file
and then schedule it for execution in near future. So it's 100% reliable
exploit provided that you
have access to at least one printer share.

My script follows the same approach, only we aren't interested in
exploiting the vuln but
checking if the machine is patched or not.
One concern with this is that, in case print job works, the remote
machine would actually print
the file, so the script stops that by aborting the job. In that way the
printer stays silent and
we save threes.

In order for the check to work , we need at least one available printer
share.
You can specify printer share name by "printer" script arg but if you
don't, script tries
to find one by using LANMAN api.
LANMAN api may not be available on remote systems, so you can use
smb-enum-shares
to get valid shares and from there deduce the printer share name.
Also, newer versions of windows require valid credentials by default, as
usual, these
can be specified as arguments to smb library (smbuser and smbpassword).

msrpc library patch needed for this script is available in my previous
message here:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q3/411

And the script it's self is attached here.

Comments and ideas are welcome.

Aleksandar
This has been merged into trunk as  29408.

Aleksandar