Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] msrpc.lua additions

From: Aleksandar Nikolic <nikolic.alek () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:51:28 +0200

On 7/26/2012 10:17 PM, Aleksandar Nikolic wrote:
Hi all,

I've attached a patch that adds a few functions to msrpc library.
Added functions are related to Print Spooler Service or spoolss
I've added spoolerss constants (PATH, UUID and version) and a couple
of RPC functions that are needed in order to use the service to print a
file.

Needed those functions for ms10-061 vuln check script which tries
to exploit a vulnerability in spoolss. The script it's self will be sent in
another message.
I'm sending this as a separate message as I'd like comments and
suggestions for improvements
on the code.

One side effect of these additions is that NSE can now abuse printers
shared over
SMB to actually print something.
I couldn't think of a useful way of actually using this, but it was a
good opportunity
to have some fun. Printers are always fun:)  So I wrote a simple script
that prints some ascii art
on the remote printer :) I'm attaching the script here as it's probably
not suited for inclusion into nmap:)
And there's also a photo to see how it looks like:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54541958/nmap_print.png

As always, comments and ideas are welcome.

Aleksandar
This has been merged into trunk as 29407 .

Aleksandar