Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] More NSE bugfixes

From: Peter O <perdo.olma () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 00:05:57 +0200

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:21:03AM -0400, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:
List,

Decided to hunt bugs again, by running a debugging scan on my network
[...]

I think we'll find many of these errors are bad global accesses. I've
attached the latest output of nse_check_globals (many of the bugs in
your post are already fixed but would have been found by this script).
[...]

Can we get a SoC student or someone to go through this list and fix the
problems?

I'll have Piotr handle this.

The errors reported by nse_check_globals have been fixed in r28859.

- Peter