Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] More NSE bugfixes

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 16:58:50 -0400

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:21:03AM -0400, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com> wrote:
List,

Decided to hunt bugs again, by running a debugging scan on my network
[...]

I think we'll find many of these errors are bad global accesses. I've
attached the latest output of nse_check_globals (many of the bugs in
your post are already fixed but would have been found by this script).
While scripts (threads) have their own environment and are usually
immune to problems with setting/getting a global, there still are a
few real errors you can find. For example, the ipOps library is often
accidentally indexed as ipops (subject of another thread). There are
still some scripts which are using that which you'll find in the
attached output. Another example,
scripts/broadcast-tellstick-discover.nse has "stndse" used.

Can we get a SoC student or someone to go through this list and fix the
problems?

I'll have Piotr handle this.

--
- Patrick Donnelly