Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: libdnet problem with monitor mode interfaces

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:20:48 +0100

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 03:06:42PM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:
[...]
Not sure how to fix cleanly, but ignoring the return code of
addr_ston() line 516 makes it work.
Ok, it seems for the monitor mode the address family will be
set to ARPHRD_IEEE80211_RADIOTAP == 803 [1] which is not supported by
addr_ston().

We could replace that addr_ston() in _intf_get_noalias() by:
 memcpy(&entry->intf_link_addr.addr_eth, &ifr.ifr_addr.sa_data, ETH_ADDR_LEN)
Actually after responding to David I think that we should just use
memcpy() to get the hardware address, I don't know why there is the
addr_ston() ? and in other places they use addr_ntos()...

Another patch is attached, this will show if you have an interface with
the monitor mode and if the inet address is null.

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org