Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible Bug NMAP 6.00

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 23:08:36 -0700

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 04:29:35PM +0000, Naami, Tim wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

I am attempting to perform a list scan of a Class B subnet (nmap -sL
10.150.0.0/16).  This is under Windows XP SP3 using Zenmap 6.00
(downloaded May 23rd).  The scan produces no output and gives a splash
error:

===========================
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

I can scan a Class C subnet just fine.  I can use my Linux 5.51 version to scan a Class B just fine.

Thanks for this report. This is unusual because it is the embedded
Python intepreter itself crashing, not a Python program. How many hosts
does the scan on Linux find? If you save the XML scan from your Linux
host, can you open it on Windows?

David Fifield