Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE: Credential disclosure in modems Huawei HG510, HG520x, HG530 and possibly others

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 20:29:35 -0500

On 17/05/2012 08:03 p.m., Paulino Calderon wrote:
Hi list,

Here is my NSE script for detecting and extracting information from vulnerable Huawei modems. I know that these modems are popular in México (Over 2 million devices here), Spain, Italy, Ecuador and other countries in south america but let me know if you know other ISPs using them. I also know Colombia have a lot of them but they have patched versions over there. This vulnerability was reported a long time ago but ISPs don't seem interested in fixing it any time soon.

description = [[
Detects Huawei modems models HG530x, HG520x, HG510x and possibly others that are vulnerable to a remote credential and information disclosure vulnerability. It also extracts the PPPoE credentials
and other interesting configuration values.

Attackers can query the URIs "/Listadeparametros.html" and "/wanfun.js" to extract sensitive information including PPPoE credentials, firmware version, model, gateway, dns servers and active connections among other values.

This vulnerability was discovered and reported by Adiaz from Comunidad Underground de Mexico (http://underground.org.mx).
]]

---
-- @usage nmap -p80 --script huawei-ppp-pwd.nse <target>
-- @usage nmap -sV huawei-ppp-pwd.nse <target>

Here is the fixed version. UTF-8 characters got replaced somehow.

Cheers.

--
Paulino Calderón Pale
Website: http://calderonpale.com