Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap as a library

From: Andreas Marschke <andreas.marschke () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:10:12 +0200

Dear list readers and nmap developers,

I have been toying around with the idea of using nmap for managing new assets on my network or getting data of newly
created hosts.

Now, I'm a perl programmer and would like to do tgis from within perl. But doing execs and parsing output (even though
it is xml) is rather difficult and prone to fail once a version change has happend and the output has changed from one
space to 2 or voce versa or otherwise.

Perl has a nice way of including c or c++ application libraries. They link against them using XS or SWIG.

Would it be possible to make a library out of nmap with only the nmap binary as a wrapping console application around
it?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Andreas Marschke.