Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC Question

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 16:21:02 -0700

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 11:07:48AM -0500, Joel Van Der Woude wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, majoring
in Computer Engineering with a strong focus in security. I was doing some
reading on Nmap as I was working on a project when I noticed the GSoC with
Nmap, which seems like a fantastic opportunity.

Unfortunately, I'm already set to intern at a national lab this summer so
I'm not sure I'd be able to commit the amount of time that it seems to
require. So really I was just wondering how I might still be able to get
involved, it seems like working on this would be a terrific learning
experience.

Doing an internship and Summer of Code together is probably too much. I
suppose there could be exceptional cases, but you'd have to make a
strong case in your proposal.

Here are some links with ideas to get started.
        https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/todo/nmap.txt
        https://secwiki.org/w/GSoC_community_ideas
        https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas
I hope you find something that's a good fit for you.

David Fifield