Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSOC summer proposal

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:32:35 -0700

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 10:40:21AM -0600, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
Hello all:
I wanted to discuss this to make sure it was something that would be
required before I submitted my application.

As I am still studying in the lower level courses, but have taught
myself quite a bit, there is a lot I still need to learn in terms of
security. My proposal then, is not a specific project, but helping
to migrate scripts that need migrated to the new NSE engine. I have
spoken to Patrik Karlsson a while back; he volunteered to help me
get going as a contributor. I started some work on migrating a
script, but have been pretty busy with college; I plan to help
contribute either way during the summer, I just wanted to propose
this for the GSOC 2012. Any ideas/feedback would be appreciated.

What scripts to you have in mind, Tyler?

David Fifield