Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: EXPERT IPv6 network scaning

From: niteesh kumar <niteesh3 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:01:56 +0530

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>wrote:

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:17:56PM +0530, niteesh kumar wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:42 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com
wrote:
I'm interested in what you were able to find using MLD probes. Can you
share the tools or commands that you used to run this test?

I did not use any specific tool, i wrote c code to generate  these
packets
and send.I I found that these messages canbe used to scan LAN to get
knowledge of  present hosts in the network with only single probe.

That's what I'm asking, is your source code online somewhere?

David Fifield

PFA contains the c function i used to send the MLD probes
i observed the responses in wireshark