Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: OS X Lion and IPv6

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:04:54 -0700

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:33:04AM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
It appears that I have two problems when scanning IPv6 addresses from Mac
OS X Lion.
The first has to do with link-local addresses where I always have to add
the zone index. This isn't a big problem when adding an IP or two, but when
scripts add IPv6 targets or when running against some sort of list, it does
become a problem. This occurs even though I specify the interface using -e.

Having to give a scope ID for link-local addresses is not something we
can really work around. It's entirely possible for different hosts to
have the same address (except for the scope ID) on different interfaces.

However, -e is supposed to automatically supply the proper scope ID to
addresses that lack it. This was done in r26259; can you check if the
code that was changed in that revision is being executed for you?

David Fifield