Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSOC 2012 Project

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:26:10 -0700

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:29:01AM +0000, Muhammad Umair wrote:

Could you please let me know the more description and features that
need to be implement for the project. Therefore, I will start writing
the good proposal and will take your feedback as well before
submitting it.

Your best bet is to check the todo file and look for the IPv6-related
things.

https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/todo/nmap.txt

Our ideas page is currently out of date (it lists some IPv6 things that
are already done), but in a few days you may be able to get information
there.

Part of the process of making a proposal is that you get to create your
own project--not just follow a plan that we have already made for you.
We will help guide you to writing a good proposal by answering questions
like "I plan to implement these features--is there anything missing?" or
"Is it worthwhile to work on <interesting project>?"

David Fifield