Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question about the output received from http-wordpress-plugins.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:05:38 -0800

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 01:57:16PM +0100, Gutek wrote:
Le 29/02/2012 05:55, David Arrington a écrit :
Hi,

I just ran a test to a server trying to find the plugins that a wordpress
site is using.  I did this searching for the top 100 plugins only.  When I
did this the output showed all 100 plugins.  I know that not all of these
plugins are installed, so I must be using this script incorrectly.  Can
someone familiar with this script give me an example of how to use it to
find the plugins?  Is there something else I need to do to see which of
those 100 plugins are actually installed?

I've tried to reproduce this against a bunch of websites but with no
success. My guess is that you have found a special case that I didn't
test when writing this script. I also think that it has something to do
with the way your target handles 404 conditions, probably with some
custom page showing like a 200 (thereby fooling the script). That would
be interesting to investigate because this particular case should be
covered.

Gutek, I found a site giving false positives because it redirects all
requests to its "www" domain name to the name without the "www". I
scanned the "www" one.

NSE: HTTP: Page didn't match the 404 response (301 Moved Permanently) (/wp-content/plugins/akismet/)
NSE: http-wordpress-plugins.nse: Found a plugin: akismet
NSE: HTTP: Page didn't match the 404 response (301 Moved Permanently) (/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/)
NSE: http-wordpress-plugins.nse: Found a plugin: contact-form-7
NSE: HTTP: Page didn't match the 404 response (301 Moved Permanently) (/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/)
NSE: http-wordpress-plugins.nse: Found a plugin: nextgen-gallery
NSE: HTTP: Page didn't match the 404 response (301 Moved Permanently) (/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-importer/)
NSE: http-wordpress-plugins.nse: Found a plugin: wordpress-importer
NSE: HTTP: Page didn't match the 404 response (301 Moved Permanently) (/wp-content/plugins/si-contact-form/)
NSE: http-wordpress-plugins.nse: Found a plugin: si-contact-form
NSE: HTTP: Page didn't match the 404 response (301 Moved Permanently) (/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/)
NSE: http-wordpress-plugins.nse: Found a plugin: all-in-one-seo-pack

David Fifield