Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question about the output received from http-wordpress-plugins.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 21:58:04 -0800

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:55:18PM -0800, David Arrington wrote:
I just ran a test to a server trying to find the plugins that a wordpress
site is using.  I did this searching for the top 100 plugins only.  When I
did this the output showed all 100 plugins.  I know that not all of these
plugins are installed, so I must be using this script incorrectly.  Can
someone familiar with this script give me an example of how to use it to
find the plugins?  Is there something else I need to do to see which of
those 100 plugins are actually installed?

It sounds like it may be a bug with the script. It would help if you can
get a log to help debug. Use the --script-trace option and save the
output to a file. That log may make it apparent what's happening.

I've just made a commit to fix a bug in http-wordpress-plugins: It was
not exiting when it was not able to identify 404 pages, like it should
have been. This may have been the cause of what you saw, or it may be
something else.

David Fifield