Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap graces the big screen (again)

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:04:39 -0800

Hi folks.  I'm happy to report the new Nmap movie sighting of 2012!
Nmap output scrolls by during the opening credits of Justice League:
Doom, which is due for release on February 28.  This animated
superhero film features Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green
Lantern battling a team of supervillains.  It is interesting that in
most cases (but not all), they changed the Nmap URL (http://nmap.org)
in the Nmap output to http://we.inc (Wayne Enterprises). Also, they
ran the command in August 2011 using a version of Nmap (4.20) from
2006. I realize that Batman has a lot of important and heroic work to
do, but surely he can spare 5 minutes to download and install the
latest version of Nmap!  I've posted screenshots here:

http://nmap.org/movies.html#justiceleague

We now have a full dozen movies listed on the page!

Cheers,
Fyodor