Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] ms-sql-info: dependency on ms-sql-discover

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:25:45 -0600

All,
        ms-sql-info has a dependency on ms-sql-discover at line 109.  ms-sql-discover was
removed from the repo 3/19/2011 (Rev 22680) based on the following discussion:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q1/725

A quick glance at the code and the related discussions gives me the impression that this
dependency can be removed.

Similarly, the following scripts also show a dependency on ms-sql-discover:

ms-sql-brute.nse
ms-sql-config.nse
ms-sql-dump-hashes.nse
ms-sql-empty-password.nse
ms-sql-hasdbaccess.nse
ms-sql-query.nse
ms-sql-tables.nse
ms-sql-xp-cmdshell.nse

Unfortunately I can't review the code at this time to suggest a course of action and will
have to just bring it to the group's attention.

Thoughts?

Thanks much,

Tom