Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Feature request: scanning an AS

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:17:04 -0800

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 07:48:58PM +0200, John Bond wrote:

Sorry i just checked and think i updated this all ages ago but forgot
to send it in.  let me know if there is anything else that needs doing
and ill try to respond in less then 5 months

Thanks!  Now that David has checked it into trunk, I tried it out a
bit.  I'm not sure why, but sometimes I get this error:

$ ./nmap --script=asn-to-prefix --script-args asn-to-prefix.asn=32

Starting Nmap 5.61TEST4 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-02-07 14:14 PST
Pre-scan script results:
| asn-to-prefix:
|   32
|_    Name or service not known

Other times it works great, though I often see the whitespace issue
that David brought up:

$ ./nmap --script=asn-to-prefix --script-args asn-to-prefix.asn=32

Starting Nmap 5.61TEST4 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-02-07 14:14 PST
Pre-scan script results:
| asn-to-prefix:
|   32
|     128.12.0.0/16
|
|     171.64.0.0/14
|_

I made some improvements to the NSEDoc to give more standard example
usage and a non-localhost output example.

Does the Shadowserver system give you the org name associated with the
AS number?  If so, it would be great if you can include that in the
output.

Thanks again for submitting the script--I'm sure many folks will find
it useful!

Cheers,
Fyodor