Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: get_max_open_descriptors() is more generous than Nsock.

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:35:07 +0100

2012/1/23 Luis MartinGarcia. <luis.mgarc () gmail com>:
Hi Henri,

I am glad to see that the nsock engines branch got merged. About your
question, from Nping's perspective, it would be great to know the
maximum number of fds that nsock can handle simultaneously. I do not
expect to be able to determine the max number of sockets per nsock pool.
I honestly don't see how that could be implemented. For me, having
access to the per-process limit, is fine.

In practical terms, Nping needs that information to determine when to
stop requesting new sockets and start reusing existing ones.

About when to implement the feature, it is up to you. This is certainly
not critical, so there is no hurry at all.

Thanks a lot! Best regards,

Ok, I get it, I'll give an implementation a shot when time permits.

Regards.

--
Henri