Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nse error

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:43:26 +0100

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 06:46:45PM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>wrote:

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 08:45:30AM -0500, Verde Denim wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi> wrote:

My guess is that your scripts are for some reason newer than your nmap
binaries. Maybe you are using the scripts of one nmap installation and
binaries of another.

Negative. I downloaded and compiled/installed the latest tar and am
running
the nmap binary and scripts from that installation.

Nmap version 5.61TEST4 ( http://nmap.org )
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Compiled with: nmap-liblua-5.1.3 openssl-0.9.8o nmap-libpcre-7.6
nmap-libpcap-1.1.1 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6
Compiled without:

Run with the -d2 option and make sure that things are really being
loaded from where they should be. For example,

Fetchfile found /usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/nse_main.lua
Fetchfile found /usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/scripts/script.db
Fetchfile found /usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/nselib/stdnse.lua
Fetchfile found /usr/local/bin/../share/nmap/nselib/strict.lua

The error you describe is really consistent with having mismatched
library versions.

David Fifield

I'm guessing the subject change of the initial post and people not paying
Umm... I changed the subject so the thread can be referenced, but now ... :)

David's '-d2' switch is the correct thing to do, if you want to know if
libraries/scripts/files are loaded from the directory that was specified
with the '--prefix' switch of the configure script.

attention to what other already answered got this problem and discussion
out of sync :) Based on the responses from Verde, it appears that the
initial problem had to do with an old Nmap version, but based on this post
it appears he got it running and ran into another problem in the TNS lua
library: http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q1/112

Am I reading this right, or is it me that's out of sync Verde?
I can't tell :)

Cheers,
Patrik
--