Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: get_max_open_descriptors() is more generous than Nsock.

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:30:35 +0100

2011/12/19 Luis MartinGarcia. <luis.mgarc () gmail com>:
I should know the answer to this but, what's the current status of the
nsock-engines branch? Has it been merged into trunk? If it has, how do I
determine if the selected engine is select()-based or uses something
better? I'd like to find a way to use more than 1024 descriptors when
possible, not just use 1024 by default.

The branch is still on nmap-exp and I keep on maintaining it (though I
should check whether everything is fine after the recent changes on
the SVN infrastructure). There are just a couple (AIX-related)
revisions that haven't been merged yet from nsock (trunk), as I can't
test them. So currently you can assume that nsock uses select(2).

nsock-engines offers no way to get the engine identifier or
characteristics, as I absolutely wanted to preserve the external API,
but adding getters would be easy, just need to know what is desired.

--
Henri