Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: AIX libdnet-stripped patch

From: "Peter O'Gorman" <nmap-dev () mlists thewrittenword com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:36:54 -0600

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 04:24:06PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:02:12AM -0600, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
Hi,

This patch http://code.google.com/p/libdnet/issues/detail?id=23 gave us
a fully working nmap-5.51 on AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1.

I had thought that submitting it to libdnet was appropriate, but it
doesn't appear to be that active.

Could you try the latest Subversion release? I recently did a lot of AIX
portability work, including merging a patch that was originally by you.
Here's the CHANGELOG entry for it:

I'll give it a try in the morning, thanks. The biggest change when
packaging 5.51 was realizing that we needed to explicitly pad in
eth_send and that setting sa.sndd_8022_ethertype (even though all the
docs and sample code that I found said to set it) caused bind() to fail,
but setting it to 0 worked.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman