Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: AIX libdnet-stripped patch

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:24:06 -0800

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 11:02:12AM -0600, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
Hi,

This patch http://code.google.com/p/libdnet/issues/detail?id=23 gave us
a fully working nmap-5.51 on AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1.

I had thought that submitting it to libdnet was appropriate, but it
doesn't appear to be that active.

Could you try the latest Subversion release? I recently did a lot of AIX
portability work, including merging a patch that was originally by you.
Here's the CHANGELOG entry for it:

o Improved AIX support for raw scans. This includes some patches
  originally written by Peter O'Gorman and Florian Schmid. It also
  involved various build fixes found necessary on AIX 6.1 and 7.1.

Your patch for getkerninfo, in particular, is much appreciated. I think
it was r26654.

David Fifield