Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Script force

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:25:07 +0100

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 09:56:49AM +0100, Martin Holst Swende wrote:
On 11/16/2011 09:37 AM, Martin Holst Swende wrote:
I really like that idea!
I implemented it, using the @ - character. Usage :
./nmap --script @smb-brute,http-* -p80 www.google.com -d3
//This would force smb-brute, but run the http-* as normal.

./nmap --script @http-title,smb-brute -p80 www.google.com
//Forces http-title, but not smb-brute

Force does not work for categories now ("@http-*"), but I can add it on
if this suggestion gets approval. Svndiff attached.
Why wait. Here's another version, the following syntax works also:
/nmap --script @smb-* -p80 www.google.com

Diff attached.
After a quick review it seems that forcing by categories is not supported,
why ?  perhaps this can be a bit overkill.

We should also add a verbosity boost like the 'script selected by name'
to this feature, and I think that we'll start to see some errors in scripts
due to hard values, etc.

To conclude:
* This is a nice feature.
* The patch needs a bit cleaning.