Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] snmp-brute port to brute framework

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:39:16 +0200

Hi,

I'm porting the snmp-brute script to the brute framework and I found
that there are default passwords used to brute if no wordlist is
supplied. These passwords are: 'public', 'private', 'snmpd', 'snmp',
'mngt', 'cisco', 'admin'. S?ome of them are not present in the default
wordlist that the brute framework uses. I couldn't find posts about
the original script SNMPcommunitybrute.nse and I've no idea how the
author got hold of these passwords. Should I add them to the wordlist
or not? Maybe I should add them to be used in addition to the default
wordlist, only for the snmp-brute script when no other wordlist is
specified?

Input is appreciated :)

Thanks,
Gorjan