Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] snmp-brute port to brute framework

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:21:18 +0200

I've hacked together a script to test the throughput of the snmp
server, and my tests against a Net-SNMP server on a Ubuntu 11.04
desktop edition showed that it processes all the probes fine. It uses
threads so it should make for a pretty precise measurement.

If you can, please test the attached script against your servers. The
command you need to use to test it with 10000 probes (which I
recommend for virtual machines) is:

nmap -sU -p U:161 --script test --script-args
test.probes=10000,test.community=<community_string> <target> -d

Thanks a lot! :D
Gorjan