Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: new quake3-info script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:53:28 -0700

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:30:32PM +0300, Toni Ruottu wrote:
Turns out you need to start the server with "openarena-server +exec
debian_server.cfg". I did not notice because I set it to start up at
boot. If you just run "openarena-server" it does not make it far
enough to start accepting status requests.

Thanks, with that command line it works for me. I committed the script.

There's some really great version information in the output:
|     version: ioq3 1.36+svn1946-5/Debian linux-x86_64 Aug  4 2011

Can you extract that and use it to populate the version fields? For the
above, I would set
        name = quake3
        product = ioquake3
        version = 1.36+svn1946-5