Nmap Development mailing list archives

Weilin's Status Report - #17 of 17

From: Xu Weilin <mzweilin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:26:41 +0800

Hi all,

This is my last status report of GSoC. I've gone back to school routine
since last week so I couldn't spend much time on coding. I hope I could keep
contributing to Nmap and keep spreading it in China after season.

I would like to thank you all for this wonderful summer, especially to my
great mentor, David.

Accomplishments:
*Accomplishments on nbase:
 +Only recognize those numeric addresses with the specified address family
in resolve_name(). Don't try to parse IPv4 ranges if neither AF_INET nor
AF_UNSPEC were specified.
 +Added resolved_addrs_info in struct addrset_elem, which will be used when
multiple-resolved-addresses was disabled.

*Accomplishments on nmap:
 +Improved the design and the code around TargetGroup.
 +Enabled multiple-resolved-addresses on --exclude and --excludefile.
 +Add a resolvedaddrs list in TargetGroup so that Nmap can print out the
addresses those won't be scanned.

Priorities:
*School routine.
*Reimplement the multicast ping.