Nmap Development mailing list archives

Shinnok's Status Report - #10 of 17

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 01:08:52 +0300

Hi nmap-dev,

Here are my accomplishments of the week and the priorities for next one:

Accomplishments:

*Refactored Ncat's blocking ssl handshakes issue code in such a way that
it makes much more sense and doesn't introduce new bugs(like not showing
chat announcements) or unwarranted behavior(like the 100% cpu/core busy
waiting loop in exec modes), as well as not touch the exec path codes
since the ssl negotiation should be handled before reaching that code.
The branch were this resides is in /nmap-exp/shinnok/ncat-sslhang, if
someone feels like giving a review, would be very much appreciated. I'm
currently waiting from input from David on this and if everything is
fine, we'll discuss about merging it back to Ncat.

*Revised the build steps for Ncat portable and created a wiki page for
them: https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Ncat_Portable
*Added a new test for Ncat's test suite in r24583.
*Added a warning in Ncat to inform the user that using --max-conns does
not take effect without -k or --broker.[r24509]
*Fixed problems with Ncat's examples section of the man page.[r24483]
Although the manpage now looks right, I have to figure out if it is the
right fix from a docbook perspective.

*Gave some thought and peeked at the involved code on my next task,
delaying options parsing in Nmap until all options have been read.

Priorities:
*Any further action that will be needed with Ncat's blocking ssl
handshake issue.
*Work on delaying options parsing in Nmap.
*Meeting with David.

Thanks,
Shinnok