Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: jsonrpc library and bitcoinrpc-info

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:01:58 +0300

Lets go through the keys. I start with the simpler ones.

-- |     proxy:
When the proxy is defined it is used for connecting to other peers

-- |     connections: 36
The amount of peer-to-peer connections

-- |     errors:
A textual message to be displayed in status bar of the client software

-- |     balance: 0
The amount of bitcoins available through this node

-- |     version: 32100
This seems to correlate with the 0.3.21 version of the software
package used, but this could be the version number of the protocol.
Not quite sure.

-- |     testnet: false
This tells us, if the node is real, or part of the debugging network

-- |     generate: false
When this is true, the node is actively trying to create more bitcoins
("mining")

-- |     hashespersec: 0
This is the speed of creating new coins, I think

-- |_    genproclimit: -1
And this is a limit, as one might not want to use all cpu on generating bitcoin

-- |     paytxfee: 0
This is the amount of bitcoin the user of this node has decided to pay
to transaction intermediaries for handling or speeding up the
transaction.

-- |     difficulty: 1379223.4296725
This indicates the overall difficulty for creating more bitcoins, or
what this particular node thinks it is.

-- |     blocks: 135041
I think this show the status of the database. Your bitcoin node might
be left behind if it is offline for a long time. This value lets you
compare the freshness of two bitcoin nodes, you know how long it will
take to catch up with the current state of  things.

-- |     keypoololdest: 1309381827

This is used to figure out if bitcoin wallet backups are fresh enough.
See https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=4451.0 for details.