Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: jsonrpc library and bitcoinrpc-info

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 19:21:14 +0300

It is here http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q3/15 I thought someone
already added it to svn.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:

On Jul 9, 2011, at 10:24 AM, Toni Ruottu wrote:

 hey,

I've been building this minimal jsonrpc library, and thought I'd ask
for some feedback. I have attached the library, and a script
bitcoinrpc-info which uses the library. Bitcoinrpc-info queries the
rpc service of a bitcoin daemon for status information. I am using the
new creds library for maintaining credentials.

To try out the script, you need to get the bitcoin daemon from
http://www.bitcoin.org/
The Linux distribution package should come with binaries for both
32-bit and 64-bit.
I'm on 64-bit Ubuntu so I'd do

tar xzf bitcoin-0.3.24-linux.tar.gz
cd bitcoin-0.3.24/bin/64/
./bitcoind -datadir=. -rpcuser=foo -rpcpassword=bar

Setting the datadir to . should prevent the test from messing with
data from what ever other bitcoin software you might be using but
ofcourse I can not be 100% sure, so be careful. In this example I am
setting user name to foo and password to bar. If you do not specify a
username and a password the rpc interface will not come up.

You should be able to get some info out of the server by commanding
nmap -p 8332 --script bitcoinrpc-info --script-args
creds.global=foo:bar 127.0.0.1

 cheers, --Toni
<jsonrpc.lua><bitcoinrpc-info.nse>_______________________________________________
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
http://cgi.insecure.org/mailman/listinfo/nmap-dev
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/

Hi Toni,

Did you forget to add a patch adding make_array to the json.lua library?
I'm getting variable 'make_array' is not declared on line 6 of jsonrpc.lua.

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net