Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New NSE script: http-default-accounts.nse - Default account access checker - CALL FOR FINGERPRINTS

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:49:54 -0500

On 07/23/2011 06:35 PM, Hani Benhabiles wrote:
Just checked a d-link DSL-2640U, it has admin/admin creds as default.

Request/Response:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.1
Connection: keep-alive
Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

HTTP/1.1 200 Ok
Server: micro_httpd
Cache-Control: no-cache
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 00:36:33 GMT
Connection: close

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Shinnok<admin () shinnok com>  wrote:

On 07/23/2011 12:02 PM, Shinnok wrote:
Hey Paulino,

You should probably check the emulators for d-link routers available on
d-link's website. The give you access to the interface of d-link routers
as well as their login process.

Examples:
http://support.dlink.com/emulators/dir825/113NA/Login.html
http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di624s/
http://support.dlink.com/EMULATORS/DI524/

They should provide insight you into urls and for some the http post
login process. However, I don't own a d-link router and thus I can't
attest to their exact fidelity as presented on the website's sandbox,
so, if someone reading this e-mail owns a d-link router, can you please
find the emulator for it on the website and check that the urls and the
login process match the ones on the actual device?

You can find a list of all emulators available here:
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/?prod_id=1457

The default username and password for D-Link DI(http auth) and WBR(http
post) series are "admin" and blank password.
http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/

More default router logins:
http://www.routerpasswords.com/
http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html
http://cirt.net/passwords
http://defaultpasswords.in/
http://portforward.com/default_username_password/
http://www.virus.org/default-password/
http://www.3ice.hu/tool/dpl/DefaultRouterPasswordList.html
http://urbanwireless.info/default-router-passwords

Set top boxes logins:
http://www.receiverpasswords.com/

Regards,
Shinnok
Forgot to mention this:

Another good way of fingerprinting routers and other devices besides url
probes, that authenticate via http-auth is by checking the
WWW-Authenticate http header field realm:

http://www.shodanhq.com/?q=d-link
http://www.shodanhq.com/?q=d-link+router
http://www.shodanhq.com/?q=linksys

You can cross-check identifier strings with lists like:
http://www.http-stats.com/header/Www-Authenticate

Shinnok

Thanks! I'll add these signatures ASAP.

Shinook: Great suggestions! I'll look into it.

Cheers.