Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Round 2: Update some scripts' categories

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:40:32 -0700

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:04:36AM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:

I've just committed this as svn r24937.

Great, thanks!

And I did not change the categories of the smb-security-mode script.

I think it is OK to make that one run by default too if nobody
objects.  You mentioned previously that:

I've just tried running smb-security-mode on a large network, and it
produces good useful info, however in rare cases it can require a
username/password as it's stated in the NSEDoc of the script.

Well, it won't have a username/password unless the user provides one
(or runs smb-brute or something), so I don't think that disqualifies
it from the default category.

Cheers,
Fyodor