Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Round 2: Update some scripts' categories

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:33:48 +0100

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 08:48:36AM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
On Jul 13, 2011, at 1:05 AM, Djalal Harouni wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 08:25:34PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
On Jul 12, 2011, at 7:59 PM, Djalal Harouni wrote:
o afp-serverinfo.nse
-categories = {"discovery", "safe"}
+categories = {"default", "discovery", "safe"}

If it can retrieve that info without authentication, then adding the
'default' category seems ok for me.

Yes, this is all requested without authentication.
Adding it to default sounds reasonable to me.
I've just tried running smb-security-mode on a large network, and it
produces good useful info, however in rare cases it can require a
username/password as it's stated in the NSEDoc of the script.

I'll wait for further feedback on this one and for the afp-serverinfo.nse

Thanks Patrik!

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org

I think you should add the afp-serverinfo to :)
Ok Patrik, thanks.

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org