Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-enum signatures BIG update

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:31:44 -0700

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 05:21:01AM -0700, Paulino Calderon wrote:
Good news nmap-dev,

Revision 24538 doubles up the number of signatures of http-enum, from
107 to 227! These new entries are under the categories: general,
attacks, cms, security, management and database. I'm attaching the diff
file of this commit.

Would you describe your mechanism for finding and adding all of these
(including the earlier updates in June) and deciding what to add?
We've talked about it a bit on chat, but I think it should be in the
mailing list archives.  Are all of them from going backward through
exploit-db entries?  What dates did you cover?  I guess you look at
the web paths in the exploits and then use those?

If you add more, be sure to include details about where they came from
to the svn logs.

Thanks!
Fyodor