Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] New script broadcast-netbios-master-browser

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:37:15 +0200

Hi all,

I've written a script that attempts to discover master browsers on the LAN through a broadcast request.
The script attempts to lists each server, ip address and the domain it manages.
Knowing what servers are browsers for each domain is useful when determining against which server to run the smb-mbenum
script.

In order to get the script to do what I needed I had to make changes to both the netbios and dns library.
The changes to the netbios library include writing a nbquery function that essentialy makes use of the dns library to
do queries
The changes to the dns library adds two new options to the query function:
- flags - makes it possible to specify a numeric value to which the flags are set
- id - makes it possible to specify the DNS transaction id

I'm attaching a patch that makes the necessary changes and the broadcast-netbios-master-browser script.

Cheers,
Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson